Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, i heart faces


A couple years ago I followed the blog of Angie Arthur. I was drawn to her witty writing style and excellent photography. Late 2008 she announced that she and Amy Locurto where collaborating to develop a photography blog called I heart faces, which would start in January 2009. I remember entering the first contest and thinking that the photo I entered was the best photo I had ever taken. My, how I have grown.

I heart faces is a wonderful place to meet other photographers, to learn new skills and challenge yourself with the weekly contests. The site has really grown and attracted a lot of traffic. I still enjoy entering the contests. Congratulations on a great year! Thanks, Angie and Amy for all the work you put in to a fabulous site that the rest of us can enjoy.

This is my entry for I heart faces, category: "Best Face Photo"

Part of the instructions for this weeks contest was that the photo had to be taken in December 2009 or January 2010. Further instructions were: "We want something that is fresh and new and that shows off where you are in your photography journey right now."

I don't think this is the best photo I have ever taken, but it clearly represents where I am right now in my 'photography journey'. I took this picture inside my house. Indoor photography while still using natural light, is my latest project, and something I find very challenging. It is not my typical shot (a kid outside on the fence with a green pasture as a backdrop and beautiful evening light giving the shot beautiful light), but it is where I am now. Enjoy.


All photographers entering I Heart Faces, LLC challenges and contests, grant the rights to display their photo on this web site. Winning and finalist’s photos may be considered for use in the marketing and promotion of this website or featured on items reviewed on this website such as photo books or editing software.

Check out other photos at I heart faces.


9 comments:

Abby Izor said...

I think you did a fantastic job! Her eyes are gorgeous and the light is great.

I Heart Faces said...

It has been so wonderful having you as a part of i heart faces! I think this photo is absolutely adorable. :)

~Angie

Katie said...

So sweet. :)

Michelle said...

It's a great shot! I love indoor window light (even though it can be challenging). Good luck!

Briana said...

How sweet :) Lovely!

fidget said...

very sweet with her doggie

Lindsay said...

Ohhh so lovely! I'd say you're coming along quite well in your photographic journey! Her eyes are stellar

Kate - k8tography said...

This is a great journey we are on isn't it? I love this - her eyes are amazing.

Brooke said...

So darling! Love this!!

Post a Comment