Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, I did it! I made it!

I set a goal in 2009 to post a new photo every day of the year. And I did it! I didn't miss a single day. There were a couple times when I had some serious computer issues and I resorted to posting unedited photos. There were a few times (OK, more than a few times) when I wanted to stop; when I felt in a rut, unmotivated and untalented. But I kept with it.

I have learned a lot this year about photography. I am pleased with my progression and am excited for another year. My definition of what makes an excellent photo has risen and I am working on improving my skills to try to take better quality photos.

I have learned that I have my own style of photography and not to compare myself to others, but instead to look at where my skills were compared to where they are now. Comparison to others is not helpful. Honest critique, hints, technique suggestions and instruction from other photographers have been valuable tools to help me improve, and I am grateful for those who encourage me. Thank you.

So today I am posting a photo that I DID NOT TAKE (my day off). I handed my little Nikon CoolPix pocket camera to my 4 year old and told her to go take a picture for me. This is what she came back with. It is her new puppy that Santa gave her. I suppose we take pictures of what is important to us. That is why you see a lot of pictures of my kids. This puppy, is apparently important to my 4 year old.

Here's to a new year full of new challenges and growth.


3 comments:

Some call me Neesie. said...

4 years old, really? Looks like the start of a family business! Very nice.

kimber said...

I have enjoyed your pictures so much. Will you please keep taking and posting them!? Here's to another year of fantastic pictures. Looks like your four year old has the gene too. That's an awesome picture!!

Simonsen Family said...

I think Ella did a GREAT job and I see the talent runs in the family for a view to great pictures... I think she captured it perfectly!!!!!

Post a Comment