Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 28, 2009

Friday Jaremie called as he was leaving for work, and told me to go outside and look north to see if I could see the tornado that he was seeing. I wasn't surprised that I couldn't see it; our property is surrounded by trees and he was so much farther north than I was. I did however see some very dark menacing clouds. Add that to the fact that the outside temperature had dramatically dropped and the warnings on the radio.

This is what I saw:


This is what he saw (photo credit to Julia Bluettt at news4jax.com). Jaremie took photos on his phone, but this one I found on the news web site is so much better.

The tornado never touched down on land but stayed over water, so technically I think it's called a waterspout.

1 comments:

kimber said...

Holy CROW! I'm glad you were safe!! (And I LOVE your cloud picture. It's gorgeous!)

Post a Comment