Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4, 2009

I have been feeling very uninspired as of late. It has been raining for weeks. The sky is gray and everything is wet. The light outside has been terrible. None of my kids want their pictures taken anymore; the novelty wore off years ago. That leaves me with cows, horses, all the flowers you have seen lately, oh yes ... and our duck that lives in one of the ponds. She is fair game.

So today, Thursday, it stopped raining around 6:35 pm. I was sitting on my bed looking out the sliding glass doors and the most beautiful evening light I had seen in a while. I grabbed my camera and shoved my feet into my rubber boots and dashed out.

Here it is, the only thing left outside after the rain.


This shot is SOOC (straight out of camera), except for a tighter crop. I have not adjusted any of the color or exposure. I did put the frame on it. The back lighting was beautiful. The pond had a bit of "steam" coming off of it to give the shot a nice hazy look. I had my big lens on (70-300 mm) and I shot this with as wide as an aperture as I could.

6:49pm
1/320 sec
f/5.6
ISO 400
FL 270 mm

2 comments:

Alice/Mom said...

This is a beautiful picture.

Lara said...

Okay Annette, this is another one that totally looks like it should be in a book or something. Everything about it is just beautiful!

Post a Comment