Saturday, July 18, 2009

July 18, 2009

Today I participated in Scott Kelby's Second Annual Worldwide Photowalk. I joined up with the Jacksonville, FL group and strolled along the river, at the Landing and a couple blocks downtown. We were quite the sight; 50 plus people with their cameras walking around aiming at buildings, bridges, gargoyles, and churches.

It was a good experience for me. I was very much out of my element (there were no cows, horses, kids or dirt roads anywhere). I find it challenging to be creative and take interesting photos of structures. Where one photographer can find amazing lines and shapes, I just see an old building. As such, I came home with a bunch of boring photos of old buildings.

Here is the best I could come up with. Be kind. I'm trying to learn.

On the upside, I found a most amazing alleyway that would make a perfect backdrop for some edgy, urban style portraits or senior pictures (Natalie, want to be my model?). I also found some perfect doorways and arches that would be great for childrens portraits.

1 comments:

kimber said...

Oh wow! Cool!! What are you shooting with? Is it a wide angle lens? I'm researching wide angles. You think I'd like one? I love those awesome building shots. They're incredible!!!

Post a Comment